I picked up a monster from preschool today. He looked and sounded like Eric, but this kid got hysterical over a juice box. I half removed the straw from the glue and it was the End. of. The. World.
Then he pulled himself together and we decided to go to the park and he melted down completely half way there. I dumped him into the stroller and brought him home screaming all the way. NO! I DON'T WANT TO GO HOME! Over and over again.
So, I dumped him into bed kicking and screaming. And two minutes later there was silence and he was asleep.
He had gotten up a little earlier than usual but not early enough to merit a three hour nap. Something wasn't quite right.
Rewind to 5:30 last night. We were getting ready to go to a potluck at Eric's preschool and I sent him into the bathroom to pee. I walked in about 30 seconds behind him after helping Kaylee walk down the stairs by herself. And I walked in on Eric trying to chug a bottle of children's ibuprofen.
AAAAHHHHH! I thought he'd gotten at least an ounce, maybe two so I called 911. The Fire Department paramedics came followed by the regular paramedics who called poison control. He had not overdosed. He was well withing the safe range.
But then I picked up the little blond monster from school today and thought, perhaps there was a connection.
So, I checked the bottle and it had no information about the ingredients and said to call the pharmacist with questions. So, I called the closest CVS and the pharmacist had not clue. So, I called another and she gave me an 800 number to call and they knew right away.
The ibuprofen he took was chock full of gluten-y badness.
Wow. At least this gives me some more ammo to deal withe the gastroenterologist about postponing his biopsy. But this was pretty tough on a lot of levels.
Just glad Rich is home and he's in his dad's hands at the moment. Not sure what this will do to his tummy, but I'm hoping it won't be too bad. But at least I figured it out.
This thing is kind of complicated.